19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Periyar followers dare BJP leader to touch leader’s statue
Covai Post Network
March 6, 2018
Coimbatore :Thanthai Periyar Dravida Kazhagam (TPDK) general secretary K Ramakrishnan today dared BJP national secretary H Raja to touch the statues of ‘Periyar’ in Tamil Nadu.
Reacting to Raja’s reported tweet with regard to razing of Periyar statues, following removal of Lenin’s statue in Tirupura, Ramakrishnan told reporters that TPDK would organise largescale protests and demonstrations to condemn the BJP leader’s remarks and seek his apology .
He said Raja was unnecessarily taking up an issue to create communal hatred in the State, Ramakrishnan urged the State Government to bring Raja to book by registering a criminal case.