24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
Periyar followers dare BJP leader to touch leader’s statue
Covai Post Network
March 6, 2018
Coimbatore :Thanthai Periyar Dravida Kazhagam (TPDK) general secretary K Ramakrishnan today dared BJP national secretary H Raja to touch the statues of ‘Periyar’ in Tamil Nadu.
Reacting to Raja’s reported tweet with regard to razing of Periyar statues, following removal of Lenin’s statue in Tirupura, Ramakrishnan told reporters that TPDK would organise largescale protests and demonstrations to condemn the BJP leader’s remarks and seek his apology .
He said Raja was unnecessarily taking up an issue to create communal hatred in the State, Ramakrishnan urged the State Government to bring Raja to book by registering a criminal case.