23 Sep 2018, Edition - 1167, Sunday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Plea not to shift sugarcane breeding institute from Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
November 27, 2017
The Tamil Nadu Vivasayigal Sangham has appealed to the District Collector not to shift the sugarcane breeding institute from Coimbatore.
In a petition to the Collector, T.N. Hariharan, the association members said the decision to shift the institute from Coimbatore would affect the cane growers badly. “The institute was successful here because of the favourable climatic conditions prevailing here,” they said.
The shifting of the century-old institute that has developed more than 300 varieties of the crop is condemnable. The Government should initiate steps so that the institute remains here only, they added.