23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
PMK demands Rs 50L relief for families of dead in cyclone
Covai Post Network
December 16, 2017
Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) wants the Tamil Nadu Government to provide Rs 50 lakh as compensation to the families of those fishermen who lost their lives in the recent Ockhi cyclone.
Also, one member from these families should be given a government job, was the demand of a group of PMK workers protesting against the State and Central Governments for their failure to rescue the fishermen in time.
The protestors also blamed the Governments for failure to issue proper forecast and alert about the cyclone which added to the loss of lives.
Wind : 0.8 km/h
Humidity : 93%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr