22 Sep 2018, Edition - 1166, Saturday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
PMK demands Rs 50L relief for families of dead in cyclone
Covai Post Network
December 16, 2017
Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) wants the Tamil Nadu Government to provide Rs 50 lakh as compensation to the families of those fishermen who lost their lives in the recent Ockhi cyclone.
Also, one member from these families should be given a government job, was the demand of a group of PMK workers protesting against the State and Central Governments for their failure to rescue the fishermen in time.
The protestors also blamed the Governments for failure to issue proper forecast and alert about the cyclone which added to the loss of lives.