18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Rash driving of private buses claims two lives in Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
November 25, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Two people died in accidents as a result of rash driving of private buses in the city.
A private bus ‘GBT’ hit a motorcyclist yesterday evening near Karavinayagar Kovil at Mathampalayam on Mettupalayam Road.
Palanisamy K (67) of Mettupalayam was rushed to private hospital nearby but died soon. He was not wearing a helmet, police said.
A case was registered by PN Palayam police station against bus driver Irulappan L (28) from Kamarajar Nagar for rash driving and causing death due to negligence.
In a similar incident on Trichy Road, a private bus hit a pedestrian in near Sun Applisory shop. P Ramasamy (65) from Ramanathapuram suffered grievous injuries on the head and leg and died instantaneously. Traffic Investigation Wing (East) registered a case against E Padmanabhan (28) from Dindugul for rash driving causing death due to negligence.