17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
Rash driving of private buses claims two lives in Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
November 25, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Two people died in accidents as a result of rash driving of private buses in the city.
A private bus ‘GBT’ hit a motorcyclist yesterday evening near Karavinayagar Kovil at Mathampalayam on Mettupalayam Road.
Palanisamy K (67) of Mettupalayam was rushed to private hospital nearby but died soon. He was not wearing a helmet, police said.
A case was registered by PN Palayam police station against bus driver Irulappan L (28) from Kamarajar Nagar for rash driving and causing death due to negligence.
In a similar incident on Trichy Road, a private bus hit a pedestrian in near Sun Applisory shop. P Ramasamy (65) from Ramanathapuram suffered grievous injuries on the head and leg and died instantaneously. Traffic Investigation Wing (East) registered a case against E Padmanabhan (28) from Dindugul for rash driving causing death due to negligence.