17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
Rousing welcome indication of accepting 2G scam verdict, says Raja
Covai Post Network
December 27, 2017
The ‘rousing’ reception given by people here was an indication of their having really understood the 2G scam verdict, said former Union Minister and DMK leader A Raja.
He told mediapersons on the outskirts while on way to visit his old parliamentary constituency Nilgiris that people had fully realised what the verdict was all about. “This will definitely reflect in the next Assembly elections in Tamil Nadu,” Raja said.
A massive crowd welcomed Raja at the city airport with many forms of dance and percussions, prompting him to respond. Raja and DMK Rajya Sabha member Kanimozhi and a few others were acquitted in the 2G scam-related cases recently.