22 May 2018, Edition - 1043, Tuesday
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Rousing welcome indication of accepting 2G scam verdict, says Raja
Covai Post Network
December 27, 2017
The ‘rousing’ reception given by people here was an indication of their having really understood the 2G scam verdict, said former Union Minister and DMK leader A Raja.
He told mediapersons on the outskirts while on way to visit his old parliamentary constituency Nilgiris that people had fully realised what the verdict was all about. “This will definitely reflect in the next Assembly elections in Tamil Nadu,” Raja said.
A massive crowd welcomed Raja at the city airport with many forms of dance and percussions, prompting him to respond. Raja and DMK Rajya Sabha member Kanimozhi and a few others were acquitted in the 2G scam-related cases recently.