23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Rowdy detained under Goondas Act
Covai Post Network
September 19, 2016
A 27-year-old rowdy element Arivazhagan, son of Chandramohan and resident of Karanthattangudi, Thanjavur was detained under the Goondas Act on the orders of District Collector A. Annadurai.
Based on the recommendations made by Superintendent of Police J. Mahesh and relevant documents produced by inspector P. Rajagopal of Thanjavur West police station, the Collector ordered Arivazhagan’s detention under Section 3(i) of the Act. Subsequently, Arivazhagan was lodged at the central prison in Tiruchi.