19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Rs 60K seized from Udumalpet sub-registrar office
Covai Post Network
November 16, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti Corruption sleuths seized about Rs 60,000 unaccounted money from the sub-registrar’s office in Udumalpet in Tirupur district.
Based on complaints that officials were collecting extra money for registration and also undervaluing property, the DVAC wing in Tirupur, led by DSP Ravichandran, made a surprise raid around 8 pm on Wednesday.
The raid continued till the wee hours of today and Rs 60,000 was seized. All staff members were not allowed to leave the office till the raid was completed, police said.
Officials questioned sub-registrar Vasundara Devi and head clerk Gouri and a detailed inquiry will be held soon, they added.