23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
Sanitary pad vending machines installed in CMCH
Covai Post Network
March 8, 2018
COIMBATORE: As part of Womens’ Day, two sanitary napkin vending machines and a disposal machine were installed at Coimbatore Medical College and Hospital on Thursday.
Initiated and organised by ‘Tasya’ and Chandran’s Yuva Foundation, it was opened by City Police Commissioner K. Periaiah in the presence of Hospital Dean Dr. Ashokan.
“Tasya is aiming to empower about one crore women by 2020, by installing these machine, as part of the women empowerment programme,” a press release from the NGO said.Similar machines will be installed in public places such as bus stands in Gandhipuram, Singanallur, Ukkadam and Mettupalayam in the district.