23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
SHG seeks Collector’s help to trace fraudster
Covai Post Network
November 20, 2017
A section of women belonging to a self-help group (SHG) today sought the intervention of the District Collector to get back Rs 33 lakh they had paid to a person who promised them land.
According to petition submitted to Collector TN Hariharan, the women said one Alagarsamy had approached the SHG functioning in Ukkadam and offered house sites on easy monthly instalments some six years ago.
A majority of the members paid around Rs 33 lakh for the land in Punjai Puliyampatti in Erode district, said SHG leader Lakshmi.
But they have not been able to trace Alagarsamy and complaints to the police have not yielded any result, she said.
The members have now sought the intervention of the district administration to trace the absconding person and help them get back their money.