17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
SHG seeks Collector’s help to trace fraudster
Covai Post Network
November 20, 2017
A section of women belonging to a self-help group (SHG) today sought the intervention of the District Collector to get back Rs 33 lakh they had paid to a person who promised them land.
According to petition submitted to Collector TN Hariharan, the women said one Alagarsamy had approached the SHG functioning in Ukkadam and offered house sites on easy monthly instalments some six years ago.
A majority of the members paid around Rs 33 lakh for the land in Punjai Puliyampatti in Erode district, said SHG leader Lakshmi.
But they have not been able to trace Alagarsamy and complaints to the police have not yielded any result, she said.
The members have now sought the intervention of the district administration to trace the absconding person and help them get back their money.