18 Aug 2018, Edition - 1131, Saturday
- The former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan has passed away, a statement by the United Nations said
- Odisha government sent a 240-member fire services team to carry out rescue operations in flood-ravaged Kerala
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar donates 10 crore for Kerala
- 500 crore relief package announced for Kerala
- PM Modi undertakes aerial survey of Kerala
- Imran Khan Takes Oath As Pakistan’s New Prime Minister
- KeralaFloods : PM Modi announces Rs 500 crore aid as immediate assistance to the state
- Kerala floods: Virat Kohli, Sunil Chhetri, Sania Mirza come out urging people for help
- 106 die in a day in flood-hit Kerala
- PML-N president and the brother of jailed former Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif, managed to secure just 96 seats
Shops alongside Marudhamalai temple steps removed following HC order
Covai Post Network
February 22, 2018
Coimbatore : The shops alongside the temple steps of Marudhamalai Sri Subramaniya Swami temple were removed following High Court orders.
The Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Department has removed several shops alongside the steps on the way to the temple following orders from the Madurai High Court.
The Court had ruled immediate removal of the shops after fire gutted several shops inside the Meenakshi Amman Temple on February 2. The reasons were cited as short circuit. In order to ensure that there is no recurrence of such an incident, the encroached shops have been vacated.
The devotees had also been alleging that the shop keepers compelled them to purchase from their shops and it was causing a lot of inconvenience. As of now on my two shops that sell panchamirdham are functioning near the Annadhanam hall.