23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
- Sec 144 imposed in and around Tuticorin till May 25th
- Shops were shut and 5000 policemen were deployed in Tuticorin after 11 people died while protesting against the Sterlite Plant
Shops alongside Marudhamalai temple steps removed following HC order
Covai Post Network
February 22, 2018
Coimbatore : The shops alongside the temple steps of Marudhamalai Sri Subramaniya Swami temple were removed following High Court orders.
The Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Department has removed several shops alongside the steps on the way to the temple following orders from the Madurai High Court.
The Court had ruled immediate removal of the shops after fire gutted several shops inside the Meenakshi Amman Temple on February 2. The reasons were cited as short circuit. In order to ensure that there is no recurrence of such an incident, the encroached shops have been vacated.
The devotees had also been alleging that the shop keepers compelled them to purchase from their shops and it was causing a lot of inconvenience. As of now on my two shops that sell panchamirdham are functioning near the Annadhanam hall.