17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Shops alongside Marudhamalai temple steps removed following HC order
Covai Post Network
February 22, 2018
Coimbatore : The shops alongside the temple steps of Marudhamalai Sri Subramaniya Swami temple were removed following High Court orders.
The Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Department has removed several shops alongside the steps on the way to the temple following orders from the Madurai High Court.
The Court had ruled immediate removal of the shops after fire gutted several shops inside the Meenakshi Amman Temple on February 2. The reasons were cited as short circuit. In order to ensure that there is no recurrence of such an incident, the encroached shops have been vacated.
The devotees had also been alleging that the shop keepers compelled them to purchase from their shops and it was causing a lot of inconvenience. As of now on my two shops that sell panchamirdham are functioning near the Annadhanam hall.