• Download mobile app
23 Jan 2021, Edition - 2020, Saturday

Trending Now

  • Delhi Police to decide on farmers’ entry into capital, SC says
  • Will incorporate ‘Karnataka-occupied areas’ in Maharashtra: CM Uddhav Thackeray
  • Indian players have been tested to the cricketing and mental limits every turn, every minute: Gavaskar

Coimbatore

Student succumbs to burns

Covai Post Network

Share

A seventh standard student, who sustained serious burn injuries in an accidental fire in a school in nearby Pollachi a fortnight ago, died at the Coimbatore Medical College and Hospital here in the wee hours of Saturday.

The 13-year old Srirangan had gone to the Municipality run school in Pollachi on August 6 and entered the kitchen. After noticing kerosene, he poured it on the nearby garbage and set it on fire.

The boy accidentally got caught in the fire. Some passersby who saw the boy burning put out the fire and took him to Pollachi Government Hospital, from where he was shifted
to the CMCH here.

Srirangan died in the hospital early today, without responding to treatment.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

COIMBATORE WEATHER