17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Students hold demo for Raja’s arrest
Covai Post Network
March 8, 2018
Coimbatore : A group of students of Government Arts College here today staged a demonstration in front of the college, seeking immediate arrest of BJP leader H Raja for his remarks on pulling down the statues of Periyar in Tamil Nadu.
Raising slogans against Raja, the about 20 students wanted the police to register a criminal case and lodge him in jail, police said. Separately, a few activists of Aadi Tamilar Peravai, a Dalitoutfit, submitted a petition to City Police Commissioner K.Periaiah seeking to the arrest Raja and detaining him under Goondas Act.
Raja’s frequent utterance against Tamil, its tradition and culture led to controversy and considering the law and order situation it was better to detain him under Goondas, they said in the petition, police said.