19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Sumptuous feast to protest against fast by Mutt head Jeeyar in Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
February 9, 2018
Coimbatore : Protesting against the fast being observed by Jeeyar of Srivillipudur seeking unconditional apology from Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu for his alleged derogatory remarks against Andal, over 20 activists of Thanthai Periyar Dravidar Kazhakam (TPDK) today had a sumptuous continuous feast here.
Raising slogans against Jeeyar, the activists, including a few women, had different types of foods continuously, symbolising ‘feast for fast’ TPDK general secretary K Ramakrishan, who led the feast, alleged that Jeeyar was attempting to drive a wedge among Tamils and enacting drama to propagate the ideology of Hindutva forces.Jeeyar withdrew his fast in the afternoon.