23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Sumptuous feast to protest against fast by Mutt head Jeeyar in Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
February 9, 2018
Coimbatore : Protesting against the fast being observed by Jeeyar of Srivillipudur seeking unconditional apology from Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu for his alleged derogatory remarks against Andal, over 20 activists of Thanthai Periyar Dravidar Kazhakam (TPDK) today had a sumptuous continuous feast here.
Raising slogans against Jeeyar, the activists, including a few women, had different types of foods continuously, symbolising ‘feast for fast’ TPDK general secretary K Ramakrishan, who led the feast, alleged that Jeeyar was attempting to drive a wedge among Tamils and enacting drama to propagate the ideology of Hindutva forces.Jeeyar withdrew his fast in the afternoon.