22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Sumptuous feast to protest against fast by Mutt head Jeeyar in Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
February 9, 2018
Coimbatore : Protesting against the fast being observed by Jeeyar of Srivillipudur seeking unconditional apology from Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu for his alleged derogatory remarks against Andal, over 20 activists of Thanthai Periyar Dravidar Kazhakam (TPDK) today had a sumptuous continuous feast here.
Raising slogans against Jeeyar, the activists, including a few women, had different types of foods continuously, symbolising ‘feast for fast’ TPDK general secretary K Ramakrishan, who led the feast, alleged that Jeeyar was attempting to drive a wedge among Tamils and enacting drama to propagate the ideology of Hindutva forces.Jeeyar withdrew his fast in the afternoon.