23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Suspended VC’s custody extended
Covai Post Network
March 2, 2018
Coimbatore : The custody of suspended Bharathiar University Vice-Chancellor A Ganapathy was today extended till March16.
Ganapathy was arrested and lodged in the Central Jail here on charges of demanding and accepting Rs 30 lakh as bribe from an assistant professor aspirant, along with chemistry professor Dharmaraj.
Both were produced before the special court for Prevention of Corruption Act here today, which posted the case to March 16. Sleuths of Directorate of Vigilance and Anti Corruption, who arrested Ganapathy, took him into for custody for five days for questionning last week. The court had also denied to grant bail to both the accused.