21 Mar 2018, Edition - 981, Wednesday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Suspended VC’s custody extended
Covai Post Network
March 2, 2018
Coimbatore : The custody of suspended Bharathiar University Vice-Chancellor A Ganapathy was today extended till March16.
Ganapathy was arrested and lodged in the Central Jail here on charges of demanding and accepting Rs 30 lakh as bribe from an assistant professor aspirant, along with chemistry professor Dharmaraj.
Both were produced before the special court for Prevention of Corruption Act here today, which posted the case to March 16. Sleuths of Directorate of Vigilance and Anti Corruption, who arrested Ganapathy, took him into for custody for five days for questionning last week. The court had also denied to grant bail to both the accused.