25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Suspended VC’s custody extended
Covai Post Network
March 2, 2018
Coimbatore : The custody of suspended Bharathiar University Vice-Chancellor A Ganapathy was today extended till March16.
Ganapathy was arrested and lodged in the Central Jail here on charges of demanding and accepting Rs 30 lakh as bribe from an assistant professor aspirant, along with chemistry professor Dharmaraj.
Both were produced before the special court for Prevention of Corruption Act here today, which posted the case to March 16. Sleuths of Directorate of Vigilance and Anti Corruption, who arrested Ganapathy, took him into for custody for five days for questionning last week. The court had also denied to grant bail to both the accused.