17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Tamil Puligal lodge complaint against police
Covai Post Network
December 18, 2017
A few members of a fringe outfit, Tamil Puligal, on Monday arrived at the District Collectorate, with handcuffs and gagged with black cloth to lodge their protest against police.
The members, who arrived at the Collector’s office to submit a petition against the police for refusing permission to them to hold a meeting marking the death anniversary of prominent leaders in and around the city.
They said police refused permission to hold a meeting recently in Ukkadam to observe the anniversary of a martyr. Similarly, permission was not granted to observe the death anniversaries of ‘Periyar’ and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar in Vadavali on Sunday, they said.