23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
- Sec 144 imposed in and around Tuticorin till May 25th
- Shops were shut and 5000 policemen were deployed in Tuticorin after 11 people died while protesting against the Sterlite Plant
Tamil Puligal lodge complaint against police
Covai Post Network
December 18, 2017
A few members of a fringe outfit, Tamil Puligal, on Monday arrived at the District Collectorate, with handcuffs and gagged with black cloth to lodge their protest against police.
The members, who arrived at the Collector’s office to submit a petition against the police for refusing permission to them to hold a meeting marking the death anniversary of prominent leaders in and around the city.
They said police refused permission to hold a meeting recently in Ukkadam to observe the anniversary of a martyr. Similarly, permission was not granted to observe the death anniversaries of ‘Periyar’ and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar in Vadavali on Sunday, they said.