19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Target surpassed, Rs 1cr collected for armed forces, Home Guards welfare
Covai Post Network
December 7, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Imag
Coimbatore district collected RS 1.05 crore on Flag Day for the welfare of armed forces and Home Guards, much above the target of Rs 82.5 lakh set for 2017.
This was 27.1 per cent more than the target, Durai Ravichandran, In-Charge Collector, said after launching the collection for 2018 today.
The target set for 2018 is Rs 90.76 lakh, he said and appealed the people to contribute generously.