18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
TEA hails extension of IGST exemptions for machinery imports
Covai Post Network
March 10, 2018
COIMBATORE: Tirupur Exporters Association (TEA) on Saturday welcomed the extension of Integrated GST exemptions for imports of machinery under EPCG Scheme and inputs raw material under Advance Authorisation scheme for another six months.
In a statement, TEA President Raja M Shanmugham said that the 26th GST Council meeting decided to extend the exemption from March 31 to October 1.
He welcomed the Council decision after considering the requisition of the association and said it would be much helpful to the Tirupur Cluster who plan to go for import of machinery, particularly to the MSME exporting units when they have been under going financial crisis due to blockage of Government receivables like Rebate on State Levies (ROSL) and Duty Drawback including delay in getting GST Refund due to cumbersome procedures.
Raja Shanmugham also requested to give exemption from payment of IGST for import of accessories (or else) to give exemption as like in Pre GST period, when the accessories are imported under Export Performance Certificate (EPC), issued by Apparel Export Promotion Council, which was not not considered by the Council. which was very much needed as the exporting units have to pay the IGST in upfront and experiencing difficulties of cash blockage.