22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Three injured in elephant attack near Karamadai
Covai Post Network
December 29, 2017
Three members of a family were injured when an elephant attacked them near Karamadai on Friday morning.
According to sources, the three – Ponnusam (56), his wife Rajamani (48) and their grand daughter Priyadarshini (8) were on their way to Masaniamman temple near Anamalai in a two-wheeler when the pachyderm attacked them.
The elephant, sources added, pushed them from the bike when Ponnusamy (who did not notice the animal) went near it. Hearing their cries, neighbours rushed to the spot and chased the animal into the forest.
Rajamani suffered nasal bleeding, while Ponnusamy and Priyadharshini received minor injuries. The three were taken to Mettupalayam Government Hospital, from where they were sent to CMCH.