23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Three injured in elephant attack near Karamadai
Covai Post Network
December 29, 2017
Three members of a family were injured when an elephant attacked them near Karamadai on Friday morning.
According to sources, the three – Ponnusam (56), his wife Rajamani (48) and their grand daughter Priyadarshini (8) were on their way to Masaniamman temple near Anamalai in a two-wheeler when the pachyderm attacked them.
The elephant, sources added, pushed them from the bike when Ponnusamy (who did not notice the animal) went near it. Hearing their cries, neighbours rushed to the spot and chased the animal into the forest.
Rajamani suffered nasal bleeding, while Ponnusamy and Priyadharshini received minor injuries. The three were taken to Mettupalayam Government Hospital, from where they were sent to CMCH.