19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Three injured in elephant attack near Karamadai
Covai Post Network
December 29, 2017
Three members of a family were injured when an elephant attacked them near Karamadai on Friday morning.
According to sources, the three – Ponnusam (56), his wife Rajamani (48) and their grand daughter Priyadarshini (8) were on their way to Masaniamman temple near Anamalai in a two-wheeler when the pachyderm attacked them.
The elephant, sources added, pushed them from the bike when Ponnusamy (who did not notice the animal) went near it. Hearing their cries, neighbours rushed to the spot and chased the animal into the forest.
Rajamani suffered nasal bleeding, while Ponnusamy and Priyadharshini received minor injuries. The three were taken to Mettupalayam Government Hospital, from where they were sent to CMCH.