24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
TN Power Minister confident of resolving wage issue; talks to resume on Thursday
Covai Post Network
February 14, 2018
Coimbatore : State Electricity Minister P Thangamani today exuded confidence that the wage issue of electricity board employees would be settled amicably.
He told reporters that talks on the issue were going on smoothly. About yesterday’s incident, he said officials did not walk out of the meeting, but had gone to meet senior officials for discussions and talks would resume on Thursday.