17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Trade body appeals to govt to make filing of annual returns simple
Covai Post Network
December 18, 2017
The Tamil Nadu Chamber of Commerce and Industry has appealed to the state commercial taxes minister to issues a notification permitting filing of annual returns in simplified form.
In a letter written to the minister, secretary and the commissioner, the Chamber president N.Jegatheesan and senior president S.Rethinavelu requested to permit filing of annual returns in a form which was in vogue prior to the introduction of the revised one, as non-filing or delay in filing of the said form before the due date of December 31, 2017 would entail penalty.
They said the form runs to 22 pages and is too complicated and auditors find it very difficult to verify. Most of the members especially small and medium enterprises have complained that substantial additional expenses have to be incurred for getting the revised form duly verified and signed by the auditors, they said, pointing out that the old form contained only 6 pages.
This is the last annual return form to be filed by the dealers under the subsumed Tamil Nadu Value Added Tax Act.