23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Tusker found dead in farm at Mathipalayam
Covai Post Network
March 14, 2018
Coimbatore: A male elephant was found dead in a private farm at Mathipalayam village on the outskirts today.
The farm, owned by one Chandran, is full of yellow pumpkin and ready for harvest and farmers in the area suspect that elephant might have come to eat that, police said.
Forest department officials from nearby Madukarai range rushed to thespot and noticed that the farm had electrified fence and were investigating whether the around 25-year-old elephant might have touched the fence leading to the death or due to any other disease, police said.
With the advent of summer, a good number of animals, particularly elephants, were straying into human habitats for food and water, they said.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr