17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
Two Sarang helicopters leave for Kurangani to rescue students
Covai Post Network
March 11, 2018
Coimbatore : Two helicopters from Indian Air Force in Sulur have left for Kurangani forest in Theni district, to rescue the tourists who were caught in the forest fire.
The soldiers have left in two Sarang helicopters, following the directive from Defence Minister, Nirmala Seetharaman to the Southern Command, police sources said.
About 25 persons from Erode and Salem districts, on a tour, were caught in the fire in Kurangani and rescue operations were already on with the assistance of Police, Fire and Rescue Personnel and the local villagers, they said.