22 May 2018, Edition - 1043, Tuesday
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Two Sarang helicopters leave for Kurangani to rescue students
Covai Post Network
March 11, 2018
Coimbatore : Two helicopters from Indian Air Force in Sulur have left for Kurangani forest in Theni district, to rescue the tourists who were caught in the forest fire.
The soldiers have left in two Sarang helicopters, following the directive from Defence Minister, Nirmala Seetharaman to the Southern Command, police sources said.
About 25 persons from Erode and Salem districts, on a tour, were caught in the fire in Kurangani and rescue operations were already on with the assistance of Police, Fire and Rescue Personnel and the local villagers, they said.