23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Two Sarang helicopters leave for Kurangani to rescue students
Covai Post Network
March 11, 2018
Coimbatore : Two helicopters from Indian Air Force in Sulur have left for Kurangani forest in Theni district, to rescue the tourists who were caught in the forest fire.
The soldiers have left in two Sarang helicopters, following the directive from Defence Minister, Nirmala Seetharaman to the Southern Command, police sources said.
About 25 persons from Erode and Salem districts, on a tour, were caught in the fire in Kurangani and rescue operations were already on with the assistance of Police, Fire and Rescue Personnel and the local villagers, they said.