19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Two Sarang helicopters leave for Kurangani to rescue students
Covai Post Network
March 11, 2018
Coimbatore : Two helicopters from Indian Air Force in Sulur have left for Kurangani forest in Theni district, to rescue the tourists who were caught in the forest fire.
The soldiers have left in two Sarang helicopters, following the directive from Defence Minister, Nirmala Seetharaman to the Southern Command, police sources said.
About 25 persons from Erode and Salem districts, on a tour, were caught in the fire in Kurangani and rescue operations were already on with the assistance of Police, Fire and Rescue Personnel and the local villagers, they said.