April 5, 2018
COIMBATORE: Two women – who were among the 30 persons, who were hospitalised after consuming a temple prasadam – died on Thursday morning at Mettupalayam Government Hospital.
Thirty persons, including two children, were hospitalised on Wednesday morning after they consumed the prasadam distributed at the Muthumariamman temple. They complained of sickness and stomach ailment. Some even vomitted.
Two women – Loganayaki and Savithri – died without responding to treatment, while others were recovering, police said. Use of ghee and oil unfit for cooking was said to be the reason for the food poisoning. Further investigations are on.
ALSO READ : Two kumki elephants brought in to Chadivayal elephant camp