21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Vairamuthu given time till Tuesday to apologise
Covai Post Network
January 13, 2018
A group of Vaishnavites on Saturday issued an ultimatum to lyricist Vairamuthu till Tuesday to tender apology for his reported denigrating remarks against a seventh century Vaishnavite minstrel Andal or else threatened to observe an indefinite fast.
The group, led by Sadagopa Ramanuja Jeeyar of Manavala Maamuni Mutt, staged a demonstration near a temple in Big Bazaar Street and demanded an apology from him for his remarks.
Stating that Hindus across the country were hurt, the agitators said that they would force Vairamuthu to tender an unconditional apology and threatened to go on indefinite fast.
Some BJP workers, led by party State general secretary, Vanathi Srinivasan, were present during the demonstration