- Download mobile app
24 Jan 2018, Edition - 925, Wednesday
- HeenaGambhir tells you about the increasing rise in fuel prices and its impact on the common man
- Government can’t object to anybody unfurling the Indian flag, says BJP Leader Subramanian Swamy
- RSS is free to hoist the tricolor in its office, says D. Raja, CPI LeftHijacksTirangaa
- Senior citizen being dragged out of District Magistrate’s office in Sitapur Distict of UP
- PM is not the only one responsible for the GDP growth, says Salman Khurshid, Congress
- Politicians react to the fringe’s protest against Padmaavat #PadmaavatTest
- Sensex hits 36,162.62 level as Nifty is at 11.069.35 mark
- Newly appointed CEC OP Rawat on #OneIndiaOnePoll
- The directive was nothing more than a political vendetta, says V. Muraleedharan, BJP
- Politicians react to Shiv Sena’s decision to go solo for the 2019 elections
Vairamuthu given time till Tuesday to apologise
Covai Post Network
January 13, 2018
A group of Vaishnavites on Saturday issued an ultimatum to lyricist Vairamuthu till Tuesday to tender apology for his reported denigrating remarks against a seventh century Vaishnavite minstrel Andal or else threatened to observe an indefinite fast.
The group, led by Sadagopa Ramanuja Jeeyar of Manavala Maamuni Mutt, staged a demonstration near a temple in Big Bazaar Street and demanded an apology from him for his remarks.
Stating that Hindus across the country were hurt, the agitators said that they would force Vairamuthu to tender an unconditional apology and threatened to go on indefinite fast.
Some BJP workers, led by party State general secretary, Vanathi Srinivasan, were present during the demonstration