18 Jul 2018, Edition - 1100, Wednesday
- Boys rescued from Thailand cave discharged from the hospital
- Cong wants ‘no trust’ motion deferred, doesn’t want debate on Friday
- Kerala Government backs women’s entry in Sabarimala temple
- Sealing, demolition of unauthorized constructions in Delhi will not stop: Supreme Court
- JUST IN: Lok Sabha speaker accepts Congress’ no-confidence motion against BJP govt
- TDP MPs raise ‘ we want justice’ slogans in the house
- Another person has been arrested by Kerala Police in connection SFI activist Abhimanyu murder case
- U.P: Under construction building in Greater Noida’s Shahberi village collapses, 3 dead.
- Tharoor made the statement while addressing a party event in Thiruvananthapuram
Vairamuthu given time till Tuesday to apologise
Covai Post Network
January 13, 2018
A group of Vaishnavites on Saturday issued an ultimatum to lyricist Vairamuthu till Tuesday to tender apology for his reported denigrating remarks against a seventh century Vaishnavite minstrel Andal or else threatened to observe an indefinite fast.
The group, led by Sadagopa Ramanuja Jeeyar of Manavala Maamuni Mutt, staged a demonstration near a temple in Big Bazaar Street and demanded an apology from him for his remarks.
Stating that Hindus across the country were hurt, the agitators said that they would force Vairamuthu to tender an unconditional apology and threatened to go on indefinite fast.
Some BJP workers, led by party State general secretary, Vanathi Srinivasan, were present during the demonstration