18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Waste cotton, worth lakhs, gutted in fire
Covai Post Network
February 22, 2018
COIMBATORE: Waste cotton, worth several lakhs, was gutted in a fire that broke at a godown in Kalapatti on Thursday.
Though the owners claimed that waste cotton worth Rs .one crore was stocked in the godown, the actual loss is being estimated, police said.
The fire was noticed around 4 p.m. and three fire tenders rushed to the godown, but could not control or douse the fire in the first one hour, resulting in thick smoke spreading in the area.
Three more fire tenders were requisitioned, which managed to bring the fire under control.