23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Waste cotton, worth lakhs, gutted in fire
Covai Post Network
February 22, 2018
COIMBATORE: Waste cotton, worth several lakhs, was gutted in a fire that broke at a godown in Kalapatti on Thursday.
Though the owners claimed that waste cotton worth Rs .one crore was stocked in the godown, the actual loss is being estimated, police said.
The fire was noticed around 4 p.m. and three fire tenders rushed to the godown, but could not control or douse the fire in the first one hour, resulting in thick smoke spreading in the area.
Three more fire tenders were requisitioned, which managed to bring the fire under control.