19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Water pipeline laying on at Ganapathypudur
Covai Post Network
December 21, 2017
The laying of new water pipelines began at Ganapathypudur on Wednesday. Public protest alleging laying of pipe through private land had stalled the work.
While the laying of pipes had been completed in other areas, the 1-km stretch at Ganapathypudur is expected to be completed soon.
Locals said that the authorities had not given prior information about the starting of the work. Travel had become a serious issue after digging of the road began, said resident Mariyappan. With diversion boards not being put up at vantage points, drivers have had harrowing times, he added.
Once the work is completed, residents of Ganapathypudur would be assured of regular water supply, a longstanding demand of the people there.