23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Water pipeline laying on at Ganapathypudur
Covai Post Network
December 21, 2017
The laying of new water pipelines began at Ganapathypudur on Wednesday. Public protest alleging laying of pipe through private land had stalled the work.
While the laying of pipes had been completed in other areas, the 1-km stretch at Ganapathypudur is expected to be completed soon.
Locals said that the authorities had not given prior information about the starting of the work. Travel had become a serious issue after digging of the road began, said resident Mariyappan. With diversion boards not being put up at vantage points, drivers have had harrowing times, he added.
Once the work is completed, residents of Ganapathypudur would be assured of regular water supply, a longstanding demand of the people there.