17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
Water pipeline laying on at Ganapathypudur
Covai Post Network
December 21, 2017
The laying of new water pipelines began at Ganapathypudur on Wednesday. Public protest alleging laying of pipe through private land had stalled the work.
While the laying of pipes had been completed in other areas, the 1-km stretch at Ganapathypudur is expected to be completed soon.
Locals said that the authorities had not given prior information about the starting of the work. Travel had become a serious issue after digging of the road began, said resident Mariyappan. With diversion boards not being put up at vantage points, drivers have had harrowing times, he added.
Once the work is completed, residents of Ganapathypudur would be assured of regular water supply, a longstanding demand of the people there.