23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
- Sec 144 imposed in and around Tuticorin till May 25th
- Shops were shut and 5000 policemen were deployed in Tuticorin after 11 people died while protesting against the Sterlite Plant
When reminders went unheeded
Covai Post Network
February 9, 2018
COIMBATORE: The City Corporation on Friday placed garbage bins in front of 34 shops in the city that failed to pay property taxes despite reminders.
According to sources, Rs. 2.46 lakhs was kept pending by the shops, located in a commercial complex on Mill Road.
In the hope of clearing the arrears at the earliest, the officials placed garbage bins in front of the shops, with the help of small earth movers.