22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
When reminders went unheeded
Covai Post Network
February 9, 2018
COIMBATORE: The City Corporation on Friday placed garbage bins in front of 34 shops in the city that failed to pay property taxes despite reminders.
According to sources, Rs. 2.46 lakhs was kept pending by the shops, located in a commercial complex on Mill Road.
In the hope of clearing the arrears at the earliest, the officials placed garbage bins in front of the shops, with the help of small earth movers.