18 Aug 2018, Edition - 1131, Saturday
- 500 crore relief package announced for Kerala
- PM Modi undertakes aerial survey of Kerala
- Imran Khan Takes Oath As Pakistan’s New Prime Minister
- KeralaFloods : PM Modi announces Rs 500 crore aid as immediate assistance to the state
- Kerala floods: Virat Kohli, Sunil Chhetri, Sania Mirza come out urging people for help
- 106 die in a day in flood-hit Kerala
- PML-N president and the brother of jailed former Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif, managed to secure just 96 seats
When reminders went unheeded
Covai Post Network
February 9, 2018
COIMBATORE: The City Corporation on Friday placed garbage bins in front of 34 shops in the city that failed to pay property taxes despite reminders.
According to sources, Rs. 2.46 lakhs was kept pending by the shops, located in a commercial complex on Mill Road.
In the hope of clearing the arrears at the earliest, the officials placed garbage bins in front of the shops, with the help of small earth movers.