19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Widow of Somanur bus stand mishap conductor meets Collector for promised job
Covai Post Network
November 20, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
The wife of the STC bus conductor who died in the roof collapse of the Somanur bus stand two months ago has appealed to the District Collector to take steps to provide her a job as promised by State Government.
Soundarya, with her one-year-old child, petitioned Collector TN Hariharan today and said the Government had announced financial compensation and a government job to her after the death of her husband A Shivakumar, 36, in roof collapse which claimed five lives on September 7.
Though she had received the solatium, she was still waiting for the government job, she said.
Soundarya requested that since she was from Madurai, she be given the job there at the earliest as the family was struggling to make both ends meet.