• Download mobile app
01 Dec 2020, Edition - 1967, Tuesday

Trending Now

  • Iran says Israel remotely killed military nuclear scientist
  • Biden puts his best – wrong – foot forward, suffers hairline fracture
  • Arvind Kejriwal urges Delhiites to extend all possible help to protesting farmers

Coimbatore

Wife electrocuted while attempting to hang clothes on clothesline

Covai Post Network

Share

A couple was electrocuted in their house at Puliyampatti near Palladam in Tirupur district on Monday.

According to police, Shakuntala (45), after washing the clothes, was hanging on the iron string in her house and suddenly electricity passed on her from the electric wire that was connected to tube light in the house.

Hearing the screams, her husband Thangavelu (50) tried to pull her. However, both got electrocuted and died on the spot.

On information, police rushed to the house and recovered the bodies and sent them for postmortem in Palladam Government hospital.

The area was receiving widespread rains in the last two days and the current passing through the wet iron string caused the death, police said.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

COIMBATORE WEATHER