17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Worker from Assam dies of dengue
Covai Post Network
December 8, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
A 21-year-old migrant worker from Assam died due to dengue in the city on Friday.
According to sources, the deceased was identified as Prasad and was working as the conservancy worker in a private firm in Erode.
Prasad had fever for the past one week and was admitted in a private hospital in Erode. The blood test for dengue was positie and his blood platelets had come down drastically.
He was referred to the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital on Friday morning. The doctors who examined him found that he was brought dead. Based on information, police registered a case and sent the body for autopsy.