June 21, 2017
A customer at Annapoorna Hotel in R.S. Puram was shocked to find a cockroach in the lunch that was served to him this afternoon.
Subash Sundaram, an IT professional, ordered chapatis and curd semiya for lunch. When the curd semiya was served to him, he was shocked to notice a cockroach in the food. When he confronted the person who served the lunch, the server immediately removed the plate from the table.
However, Subash managed to click pictures of the curd semiya with the cockroach and posted it on social media.
“When I asked the manager, he admitted that it was a mistake and that he would take steps to prevent such incidents. But this is not the first time. Earlier on one occasion, I noticed a dead fly in the sambar that was served to me,” Subash said and added that he would formally lodge a complaint with the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
The customer has filed a complaint with the FSSAI on the unhygienic kitchen at the hotel that is supposedly considered the pride of Coimbatore.
The Covai Post had earlier reported about a similar incident in the same branch of the hotel. The hotel denied all the charges and the hotel management had unleashed a malicious campaign to tarnish the image of the news portal that had reported about the unclean kitchen and the callous attitude of the management in rectifying it.