December 16, 2017
Christmas is round the corner and so the mission to decorate your home begins. If you haven’t had the chance to surge the markets and pick varied Xmas embellishments, here are some ideas to adorn homes with gorgeous soft furnishings that simply look elegant, different and not in any way over the board. This season, rejoice the beautiful winter festival in a unique way by concentrating on varied, designer soft furnishings that create an altogether different atmosphere. Sonam Gupta, The Design Head of Tangerine lists down the Dos for that perfect look. Read on..
1. Cushions to the Rescue – While the traditional colors of Red, Green and Gold are a must,this season play around the stunning shades Tangelo, Amber, Vermillion, Burnt Orange,SAE Amber, Mahogany, Buff Yellow and Fire Brick Red. Oversized cushions and bulky tube pillows in gorgeous, multihued stripes, ornate leafy prints coupled with colorful fabrics are up and running. White and luscious cream can be added to create a striking contrast. One can be playful by making a Christmas tree out of varied sized cushions, placing them on top of each other, with the smallest being on the top. Leave them in one corner of the room on a cozy rug and place some fairy lights over it and here you are, ready with your Xmas tree in a new fashion
2. Draping the Walls & Windows – Effervescent colors of Chocolate Brown, sultry Vermillion, Burnt Orange, SAE Amber and Fire Brick Red with White clammy stripes, together with beautiful paisley prints is the curtain secret for this festive season. As the natural light is low, opt for darker shades to charmingly replicate the glow of fairy lights indoors. Drapes can be contrasted with fabulous shades of International Klein Blue, Iris and Indigo Blue coupled with the beautiful Fandango, Mulberry, Tyrian purple, Magenta, Persimmon and the magnificent Orange Red. Bejeweled in royal prints of oriental motifs and traditional ornaments, this look is absolutely rich and festive in nature.
3. Crafty Beddings for the Décor – This season, a classy array of comforters in imposing, fused prints of stripes, waves and floral have taken the markets by storm. Offered in varying, stylish shades of Fire Brick Red, Golden, Amber, Mahogany and Fandango, Tyrian purple, Magenta tints; floral comforters, striped beddings, meticulous paisley art and pillow covers in block of solid colors with a blend of varied prints will restore the bedroom brilliance for Christmas celebrations. Calming shades of Mustard, Beige, Tomato Red and Tangelo can also be synchronized with the existing colors. This will not just show up a classy home décor sagacity but also create wonderful Christmas vibes.
4. Laying style with Rugs & Runners – Winter Season requires ample collection of carpets and mats to keep homes warm and snug. Teak colored carpets with blond stripes, curvy patterns in pallid and concentric circles in category shades of orange look fabulously superior and Christmassy. Adding chic runners or door mats around the center table, near the fire place, hallway and bed sides are a must
5. The Radiant Clothes Wipes – An essential in every house, these are required in plenty when children and when guests are expected. Selective pieces in Magenta and Tyrian purple, subtle contrast of Vermillion and Maroon with Golden hues, Rosewood and Grey in royal prints of motifs, paisley, scroll and damask are rising in this season. Ornament washrooms, kitchen and dining area with adeptly folded napkins to add a zest of delicacy at home. This will bring in a dominant slew of colors in rich textures and prints while making this Christmas an impressive one While Christmas wreaths, garlands, figurines, stockings, lightings, Xmas Trees and ornaments are an integral and eternal décor, one can create a wonderfully different interior decoration, by playing around trendy shades like Mahogany, Rosewood, Red Violet and Tangelo. With ethnicity, this will certainly add to your festive and undoubtedly exclusive décor style!