February 2, 2018
Truth be told, no one likes to carry a heavy bag on their shoulder while travelling. Especially when it comes to a long flight!
It is almost impossible to carry all your favourite things with you inside a plane. But there are some essentials that should be carrying on with you. These in-flight basics will help you feel more safe, carefree and relaxed.
Here’s a list of some must haves.
1. Technology + Essentials
Note it down – your trip could seem haphazard without these essentials. This group of items is extremely important while you travel, because while other items might be replaceable, these aren’t. Even if you forget other items, you can just buy another version at your destination. But nothing can compensate for these.
1. Laptop or tablet
2. Tickets and Passport
3. Phone, along with your headphones and chargers
4. Wallet (Intact with your cash, cards and ID’s)
2. Sleep + Comfort
Babies crying on the plane? Extremely chilly? People sitting on the window seats not willing to shut them down? Yes, we’ve all been there! But here’s a list of some things that can help you get a good, comfortable sleep in the flight –
1. Eye mask and ear plugs
2. Neck pillow
3. A pair of cozy socks and a scarf
4. Light weight sweater or cardigan
3. Hygiene + Toiletries
Believe me, you don’t need to carry your entire bathroom with you when you travel. Just a number of things to keep you fresh and healthy – even if you have to attend an event as soon as you land. However, be sure to check the airline rules once and understand the fluid ounces limit. Try packing –
1. A Deodorant and a mist
3. Hand sanitizer and lotion and a face moisturiser
4. Hair brush and makeup bag (just include some hair elastics, pins, concealer, mascara and a tinted lip balm)
5. Toothbrush, toothpaste and floss
6. Sanitary pads or tampons (just incase!)
7. Medical prescriptions and pain killers
4. Entertainment + Food
A long flight means a lot of time to kill, especially when you can’t sleep. How long can you watch movies, right? Your eyes will eventually give way. A long flight also means you’re going to feel hungry more than just once – and food may not be available through the duration at your beck and call. But we do all need some entertainment and food. So remember to carry these to kill your boredom and keep you feeling full –
1. Reading material (magazines, novels)
2. A mixture of snacks
3. Reusable water bottle
4. A good playlist of songs (on your phone, ipad, or such)