20 Apr 2018, Edition - 1011, Friday
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
- Unnao BJP MLA’s security withdrawn, Kuldeep Sengar’s security revoked, CBI continues to grill Sengar
- Crucial hearing in Purohit case, SC to hear Lt Col Purohit’s plea, plea seeking quashing of UAPA, Purohit wants terrorist tag dropped
- Class 10th students would get an extra 2 marks for the misprint in the CBSE Class 10th English Question Paper.
Bus fare hike, a merciless move by Govt: Opposition parties
Covai Post Network
January 27, 2018
Members belonging to various political parties on Saturday staged a demonstration in front of the Central Bus Stand here in protest against the steep hike in the bus fares and demanded its rollback.
Led by the main opposition party, the DMK, the protesters termed the hike as a ‘merciless’ move of the Government against the common man.
Udhagamandalam constituency MLA Ganesan, Gudalur MLA Dravida Mani and 200 members from DMK, Congress, Communist parties, Janata Dal (Secular) took part.