21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Hearing in Marans’ phone exchange case on Dec 15
Covai Post Network
December 11, 2017
Chennai: The CBI Special Court has adjourned to December 15 the hearing in the “illegal” telephone exchange case after former Union Minister Dayanidhi Maran and his brother Kalanidhi Maran failed to appear.
When the Maran brothers’ discharge petitions came up for hearing before XIV Additional Judge S Natarajan, the did not appear before the court. Further hearing was adjourned to December 15.
The CBI had registered a case on July 23, 2013, against Maran brothers on charges of setting up a telephone exchange used to transfer high-resolution data. They also did not produce bills between 2004 and 2007, causing huge loss to the exchequer.