21 Mar 2018, Edition - 981, Wednesday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
ATM broke open, looted amount yet to be ascertained
Covai Post Network
December 11, 2017
Close on the heels of looting Rs. 3.25 lakh after breaking open an ATM in Vilamkurichi in the city, another ATM belonging to a private bank was also found broke open on Monday.
The incident, happened on December 9, came to notice when police had gone to inspect the first ATM this evening. The actual amount looted was yet to be ascertained, police said.
Even though unconfirmed reports suggest that Rs.20 lakh might have looted, the bank officials are busy calculating the loss, after verifying with the agency, who filled the money on that day and withdrawal thereafter, they said.
The loot was similar to the first one, after covering the camera in the cabin and cutting open by welding machine, police said.