23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Bodies of newly-engaged couple found in drowned car
Covai Post Network
February 26, 2018
COIMBATORE: Bodies of a newly-engaged couple was found in a car that was found drowned in a canal near Udumalpet in Tirupur district on Monday.
According to police, Shankar and Anjana, who were in love for some time, were engaged after their families agreed for the marriage. However, it was reported that Shankar’s family backed out, which shattered the dreams of the couple, who were reported missing from February 23.
Some passersby noticed a car in the canal at Papanoor and informed police, who rushed to the spot and lifted the vehicle out.
Police noticed foam in the mouths of the lovers, leading to suspicion that they might have consumed poison before going down into the canal. Further investigations are on to ascertain the real reason for the death, police added.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr