• Download mobile app
23 Jul 2024, Edition - 3297, Tuesday

Trending Now

  • Those who step into politics should have patience , tolerance and quality to compromise. For the last three years I’ve been sitting in the leadership chair and it’s not been easy: Annamalai
  • I think that shortly Ruthuraj Gaikwad, Natarajan will break open the opportunity door and gain entry: Lakshmipathy Balaji
  • TN Governer RN Ravi ‘s tenure to end by July 31. Home Ministry mulling extension.

Coimbatore

Child Succumbs to Burn Injuries

Covai Post Network

Share

A six-year old boy succumbed to the burn injuries sustained by him early on Sunday morning, when a can of petrol kept at home caught fire, in Mudalipalayam, Tirupur district. Four others family members sustained injuries in the accident.

The police say that Hakim, an employee of a vest company, had brought home a can full of petrol the previous night. He went to sleep after lighting a mosquito coil. The fire had somehow spread to the can and set the house ablaze. Neighbours immediately rushed the family members to the Government Hospital in Tirupur. While Hakim, his wife Yasmin, and daughters were treated for minor injuries, the couple’s six-year-old boy died of the burn injuries.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

COIMBATORE WEATHER