23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
CM opens anointation ceremony in Coonoor temple
Covai Post Network
February 17, 2018
Ooty : Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edapadi K Palanisamy today inaugurated the anointation ceremony of 100-year-old Muthalaman temple near Coonoor, about 20 km from here.
The anointation (kumbhabhishekam) ceremony, normally performed every 12 years, was performed after 40 years in the temple.
Palanisamy inaugurated the ceremony by handing over a pot of water to the priest, for puryfying the ‘Kumbh’ at the top of the temple.
HR and CE Minister Sevvoor S Ramachandran and Municipal Administration Minister SP Velumani and District Collector Divya Innocent were among those present.