21 Mar 2018, Edition - 981, Wednesday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
CM opens anointation ceremony in Coonoor temple
Covai Post Network
February 17, 2018
Ooty : Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edapadi K Palanisamy today inaugurated the anointation ceremony of 100-year-old Muthalaman temple near Coonoor, about 20 km from here.
The anointation (kumbhabhishekam) ceremony, normally performed every 12 years, was performed after 40 years in the temple.
Palanisamy inaugurated the ceremony by handing over a pot of water to the priest, for puryfying the ‘Kumbh’ at the top of the temple.
HR and CE Minister Sevvoor S Ramachandran and Municipal Administration Minister SP Velumani and District Collector Divya Innocent were among those present.