25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
CM opens anointation ceremony in Coonoor temple
Covai Post Network
February 17, 2018
Ooty : Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edapadi K Palanisamy today inaugurated the anointation ceremony of 100-year-old Muthalaman temple near Coonoor, about 20 km from here.
The anointation (kumbhabhishekam) ceremony, normally performed every 12 years, was performed after 40 years in the temple.
Palanisamy inaugurated the ceremony by handing over a pot of water to the priest, for puryfying the ‘Kumbh’ at the top of the temple.
HR and CE Minister Sevvoor S Ramachandran and Municipal Administration Minister SP Velumani and District Collector Divya Innocent were among those present.