19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Coimbatore Junction image replaces Isha Foundation as City identity on Cheran Express
Covai Post Network
November 22, 2017
The Southern Railways has made the image of Coimbatore Railway Junction as the city’s in Cheran Super-Fast Express Train in place of the Isha Yoga Foundation photograph, which had earned widespread public criticism.
It was last week that the Isha Foundation picture had found its way to the Chennai-Coimbatore train, much to the displeasure of many.
The matter had been raised with the railway authorities by individuals and organisations stating that portraying pictures of private organisations in government property was an offence.
Besides, there were several cases against the foundation on grounds of land encroachment.There was also the suggestion that the cotton spinning mills or the Siruvani be made the identity of Coimbatore.
Finally, the railway authorities decided to make amends and images of adorn coaches of Cheran Express.