17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
Coimbatore Junction image replaces Isha Foundation as City identity on Cheran Express
Covai Post Network
November 22, 2017
The Southern Railways has made the image of Coimbatore Railway Junction as the city’s in Cheran Super-Fast Express Train in place of the Isha Yoga Foundation photograph, which had earned widespread public criticism.
It was last week that the Isha Foundation picture had found its way to the Chennai-Coimbatore train, much to the displeasure of many.
The matter had been raised with the railway authorities by individuals and organisations stating that portraying pictures of private organisations in government property was an offence.
Besides, there were several cases against the foundation on grounds of land encroachment.There was also the suggestion that the cotton spinning mills or the Siruvani be made the identity of Coimbatore.
Finally, the railway authorities decided to make amends and images of adorn coaches of Cheran Express.