23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
Elderly couple found dead in Pollachi; suicide suspected
Covai Post Network
September 16, 2016
An elderly couple was found hanging dead in their house in Pollachi in the district, today. Although suicide is suspected, police have not yet found the reason why the couple chose to end their lives.
65-year old Nataraj was doing real estate business and agriculture, after his return from Chennai a few years ago, police said. Since the front door of Nataraj’s house, on the outskirts, was found closed
for long this morning, curious neighbours peeped through the window, and found Nataraj and his 55-year-old wife Shanti hanging dead in the room.
On information, police arrived at the scene and recovered the bodies, which were sent for post mortem to Pollachi Government Hospital.
Further investigations are on.