19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Elephant calf rescued from canal
Covai Post Network
December 12, 2017
Forest personnel rescued an one-month-old elephant calf from an unused canal near Thekkampatti Road in Mettupalayam Forest Range on Tuesday.
According to sources, a female elephant was seen damaging vehicles and chasing away people in the area. On information, Forest personnel rushed to the spot and with the help of villagers, guided back the pachyderm to the Nellimalai forests.
As the elephant kept coming out of the forest repeatedly, patrolling team started monitoring its movements. “Later they found that a calf that had fallen into the canal and the mother trying to rescue it,” sources said.
Forest personnel swung into immediate action and rescued the calf without any injuries. Later it was administered coconut water, glucose and water. “The officials have taken the calf inside the forests to reunite it with its mother,” sources added.