23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
- Sec 144 imposed in and around Tuticorin till May 25th
- Shops were shut and 5000 policemen were deployed in Tuticorin after 11 people died while protesting against the Sterlite Plant
Hundreds lay siege to Aircel office in Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
February 21, 2018
Coimbatore : Hundreds of anxious customers of a leading cellular provider today laid siege of its office in the city, following reports of closure of service in a month.
They also complained that services of Aircel were hit in many areas, which they termed as the first step towards total closure of the services, police said.
Some of the staff attempted to convince agitators that the rumours were spread by competitors and even if the company was winding up the customers would have a 30-day mandatory notice period, during which they could port out, police said. After some time, the agitators dispersed.