18 Aug 2018, Edition - 1131, Saturday
- The former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan has passed away, a statement by the United Nations said
- Odisha government sent a 240-member fire services team to carry out rescue operations in flood-ravaged Kerala
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar donates 10 crore for Kerala
- 500 crore relief package announced for Kerala
- PM Modi undertakes aerial survey of Kerala
- Imran Khan Takes Oath As Pakistan’s New Prime Minister
- KeralaFloods : PM Modi announces Rs 500 crore aid as immediate assistance to the state
- Kerala floods: Virat Kohli, Sunil Chhetri, Sania Mirza come out urging people for help
- 106 die in a day in flood-hit Kerala
- PML-N president and the brother of jailed former Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif, managed to secure just 96 seats
Hundreds lay siege to Aircel office in Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
February 21, 2018
Coimbatore : Hundreds of anxious customers of a leading cellular provider today laid siege of its office in the city, following reports of closure of service in a month.
They also complained that services of Aircel were hit in many areas, which they termed as the first step towards total closure of the services, police said.
Some of the staff attempted to convince agitators that the rumours were spread by competitors and even if the company was winding up the customers would have a 30-day mandatory notice period, during which they could port out, police said. After some time, the agitators dispersed.