• Download mobile app
25 Feb 2024, Edition - 3148, Sunday

Trending Now

  • In the next two to three days, Delhi CM Aravind Kejriwal will be arrested by ED: Delhi Minister Sourav Bharadwaj
  • Omni buses charging exorbitantly should be penalised by cancelling the permit: Chennai HC.
  • Fast bowler Aakash Deep takes three wicket in his debut test match against England.

Coimbatore

Injured CRPF dog arrives in Chennai for treatment

Covai Post Network

Share

A four-year-and-nine-month old male sniffer dog which was injured in a landmine explosion in Rayagada district of Odisha on Thursday last, was brought to the Madras Veterinary College Hospital on Tuesday for treatment.

The CRPF dog was searching for landmines when one of them exploded. The Belgian Shepherd suffered an injury in its right eye, and cornea was damaged. It also had bruises on the right ear, sources at the veterinary college said.

“The explosion damaged 10 per cent of the cornea, and the remaining 90 per cent is fine. There is inflammation on the cornea, and medicines will be given to reduce it,” the sources said.

This is the first time a dog injured in a landmine explosion is being treated at the Madras Veterinary College Hospital. The college, started in 1903, is the oldest veterinary college in the country.

Animals from various parts of the country are being brought to this college for treatment, as the college has both the expertise and facilities. Camels, elephants and a variety of pets owned by private individuals from Mumbai, New Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad and other parts of the country had been brought here for treatment, the sources added.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

COIMBATORE WEATHER