24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
KDMK to donate Rs.10 lakh to Tamil chair in Harvard University
Covai Post Network
February 20, 2018
COIMBATORE: Kongunadu Desiya Makkal Katchi (KMDK) has decided to donate Rs.10 lakh towards setting up of the Tamil chair at the Harvard University in the United States.
The decision to this effect was taken at the meeting of party’s executive committee meeting, its General Secretary E.R. Eswaran said in a release here on Tuesday.
The Tamil Nadu Government has announced Rs.10 crore towards the setting up of the chair, which will immensely contribute to research on Tamil literature and culture, he added.