18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Legal action sought against Pastor of Tuticorin
Covai Post Network
November 20, 2017
Hindu Makkal Katchi (HMK) on Monday demanded legal action against a Pastor in Tuticorin for indulging in conversion. In a petition to District Collector T.N. Hariharan, Hindu Makkal Katchi leader Arjun Sampath, said the Pastor, Mohan C Lazarus of Nalumavadi announcing that MDMK General Secretary Vaiko has become a Christian and started learning Bible, has gone viral in social media. “Since Vaiko has denied it, stringent legal action should be taken against the Pastor for falsely dragging the name of a political leader in order to attract and convert the people to Christianity,” Sampath, who had come to the Collectorate along with party office bearers, said.