23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
- Sec 144 imposed in and around Tuticorin till May 25th
- Shops were shut and 5000 policemen were deployed in Tuticorin after 11 people died while protesting against the Sterlite Plant
Leopard cub rescued from well
Covai Post Network
February 20, 2018
UDHAGAMANDALAM: A one-and-a-half-year-old leopard cub, which fell into a 25-feet deep well near Manjoor, about 30 km from here was rescued with the help of general public.
The people noticed the well, after hearing sound from it and found the animal attempting to come up from the water and informed police and forest department officials, around 4.30 p.m.
As the attempt to bring it out with the help of rope, the officials put down a long ladder and asked the people move away from the well, police said. After some time, the cub climbed the ladder and jumped out and ran to jungles around 7 p.m., amid cheers from the public.