19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Man attempts suicide on Coimbatore Collectorate premises
Covai Post Network
February 24, 2018
Coimbatore : A 50-year-old man today attempted to commit suicide by slashing his neck with a pocket knife on the district collectorate premises, reportedly over his sister cheating him of ancestral properties.
Jeevan Michael Joseph of Pollachi in the district, who was standing near the District Collector’s office, suddenly removed a knife from his pocket and put it on his neck, police said.
A few people nearby noticed this and immediately overpowered him and handed him over to police, they said.
Preliminary inquiry with him revealed that his sister had cheated him by selling his share of ancestral property and threatening him of dire consequences sending rowdies, police said.