24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
Man falls down while boarding bus, dies
Covai Post Network
November 22, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
A 27-year-old man died after he fell down while trying to board a bus near Chinnamathampalayam Road here.
According to police, Nagaraj, an employee of a private firm in Gandhipuram, tried to board the bus at Anna Nagar bus stop on Monday evening. Before he could get onto the bus, the driver started the vehicle. Nagaraj slipped and fell down as a result of which he sustained injuries in his abdomen.
He was rushed to a private hospital, where he succumbed.
The P.N. Palayam police have registered a case under Section 279, and 304 (A) of IPC. Efforts are on to nab the bus driver, Natarajan.