19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
Man held for possessing explosives
Covai Post Network
December 12, 2017
Ooty : A middle-aged man was arrested at Devala checkpost, 80 km from here, for possessing explosive materials without valid documents.
Kamaraj, 45, was intercepted while going on his two-wheeler and on search police found 50 gelatine sticks and 200 detonators. Since there were no proper documents for the explosive, he was arrested and produced before Gudalur court and remanded in custody, police said.
Kamaraj was allegedly going to a closed mine to extract gold at Devala by crushing rocks using the explosives, they said.