22 May 2018, Edition - 1043, Tuesday
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Man held for possessing explosives
Covai Post Network
December 12, 2017
Ooty : A middle-aged man was arrested at Devala checkpost, 80 km from here, for possessing explosive materials without valid documents.
Kamaraj, 45, was intercepted while going on his two-wheeler and on search police found 50 gelatine sticks and 200 detonators. Since there were no proper documents for the explosive, he was arrested and produced before Gudalur court and remanded in custody, police said.
Kamaraj was allegedly going to a closed mine to extract gold at Devala by crushing rocks using the explosives, they said.